cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1DX Mark II power from AC instead of battery

3dmaxer
Apprentice

Hi,

I have been trying to find a way to power the camera using AC instead of using the battery.  I found other suppliers that appear to have products to do this, but the reviews seem to indicate that they don't work.

Does Canon make such a product for this camera?

Thank you

-Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Canon sells AC adapter AC-E19 and DC coupler DR-E19 which allow the 1DX II to be AC powered, the older ACK-E4 will also work with the 1DX II. 

The AC-E19 and DR-E19 are still the recommended set for the 1DX III which has slightly higher peak current demand than the older 1 series bodies but the ACK-E4 will work fine with your Mark II.  I have used one with mine.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Canon sells AC adapter AC-E19 and DC coupler DR-E19 which allow the 1DX II to be AC powered, the older ACK-E4 will also work with the 1DX II. 

The AC-E19 and DR-E19 are still the recommended set for the 1DX III which has slightly higher peak current demand than the older 1 series bodies but the ACK-E4 will work fine with your Mark II.  I have used one with mine.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Wow, not cheap, over $600, but it will do what I need.

Thanks Roger.

You are welcome!  Take a look for the older ACK-E4, it will work fine.  I found one shortly after I bought my 1DX II.

Rodger

@3dmaxer wrote:

Wow, not cheap, over $600, but it will do what I need.

Thanks Roger.

Not cheap is right!  When I wanted one I checked the used camera market.  I found a 1Ds3 in good condition, which came with all of the original accessories, including the AC power adapter Roger cited above.  Price?  $700.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements