EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved! Best prime lens for wide angle macro photography

I am looking for information on the use of wide angle lenses and extension tubes for close up photography.  The images will be used to capture surface contours using PhotoModeler software.  This requires the use of a prime lens.  I purchased a Canon ...

hacketet by Contributor
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

DOF and the use of extenders

If i shoot my 400 mm f 2.8 at f 4, adding a 1.4X makes it an f 4.  Is the depth of field the same with and without the extender at f 4?

Edward by Enthusiast
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 15mm Fisheye F2.8 Focus Problem

Hello All, I have about 5 year old 15mm Fisheye lens. i dropped it couple of times. nothing broke but kind stopped focusing with manual focus point selection. if i put my camera to auto focus select it focus at random spots. i am cps member and can s...

ajabdeep by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

2x Doubler

Bummer.  Have a 1st generatioon 2x that I successfully use on my 70-200 2.8-IS F lens.  Visiting my brother who has a100 - 500 F series & I couldn't wait to play with his lens & my doubler.  He lives on the country and there's lots of wildlife.  Does...

Jchafitz by Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! "The next lens to buy"

Hi I am looking to buy "the next lens" . Preferably a macro lens but i am confused. I currently have a 18-55mm and 50mm lens. I mostly capture landscapes and flowers.  TksZinta 

zinta by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Lens Hood for 40 2.8 STM

Not in my opinion the one designed for this lens, a hood is made to stop flare not  just to say I´m a lens hood.Planning to use the one designed for the 50 1.8 the Canon ES-62 , It might destroy the low profile but ona APS-C Sensor Does what a lens h...

AF Microadjustment

Has anyone had any problems with the Microfocus adjustment point drifting dependent on the temperature?This happens on my 600mm lens alot.

AlanP by Apprentice
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Purple dot on my lens

Today I just got my new Canon EOS T5i in the mail.  This is my first DSLR camera and I was super excited to get it!  After using it for a while, however, I noticed there was a purple mark of some sort, on the 18-55mm STM lens, on the area where it sh...

jvlfilms by Apprentice
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Telephoto lens

What lens is recommended for wildlife shots?  I currently have a 250mm but would like something that can get closer.  I am looking at the 400 but have never used one so I do not know if that will be enough.  My shots are usually 100-200 yards away.

fjord24 by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens.

I have a 60D camera and I just purchased the EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens because I thought it might be a good addition to give me a bit more reach than my 18-135mm. I noticed, in AF, the zoom will not fully retract. If I switch to MF I can retrac...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements