EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wedding Lenses

What type of lens is best for close range shots at a wedding?  I use a 70-200mm f/2.8 USM IS II for long range shots.  My kit lens makes for "undesirable" quality shots.  

arnold7d by Apprentice
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

50 1.2L back-focuses with lateral focus points

My 50mm f1.2l consistently backfocuses when I use lateral and corner focus points, focuses correctly when I use near center focus points.I can adjust the problem through microadjustment (more or less 4 points), but in that case the lens front focuses...

fausto by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Novice question

Hello everyone - I am new to Canon world and I learn as much as possible every day. I have a Canon Rebel EOS XTI with the standard 18-55 mm lens.I would like to move on to the next step and get a better lens(s) - one for close up, portaits (higher ap...

avasile by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

50 mm 1.8 II lens getting stuck after shutter release

I have a 50mm 1.8 II Canon lens, and its suddenly stopped performing they way it should. (I'm shooting on a 5D mark II, and my other lenses work fine on this body). After one shot, the shutter (I think it's the shutter) remains closed, and I can't se...

Linzmul by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice for blurry Canon EF-S 15-85mm

I would like to ask for advice. Short background story:In June 2010 I bought Canon 7D and Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS. I used the lens for about half a year and found out that right side of the photos was becoming more and more blurry. In Mar...

Trasher by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

upgrade Rebel question

I have the Rebel XTi and am ready to upgrade - looks like the T4i and T5i are comparable, and I know that I need to get STM lens for video performance.   My question is in choosing which kit lens 18-55 or 18-135 (both IS STM)?   I already have a Cano...

mnorman by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 24mm TS-E - lost knob screw

Took the lens out of my bag a while ago and the small screw that holds the tilt knob on is missing.  I still have the knob.  Anyway I can get replacement screws?

dante by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 70d Lens Reco

Hello! I'm looking for purchase my first dslr and have decided on Canon's new 70d. I'm really excted about the big purchase, but wanted to compliment it right off the bat with some good starter lenses. I've been told to purchase the body only and the...

marinokl by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

T4i lenses

I have a Cannon T4i with a Cannon EF-S 55-250 IS lens. I would like to upgrade my telephoto lens and want to know what is the best option for the best price?

No date code on my newly purchased EF 20-70mmf/2.8 II USM.

Just purchased a copy of the EF 24-70mm f/2.8 II USM at Samy's Camera In San Francisco and only the serial number was on the body with no date code on the back.  I even checked their demo lens and it was the same.I asked them why and they told me tha...

Problem with my lens specification...

I am using the 5d Mark ii with a canon 2.8/20mm lens.  Problem I am having is with a third pary 3d software and integrating Tiff files.  The dialogs are being thrown up by the 3rd party TIFF library that are being used and indicate some issues with t...

Capture.JPG Metadata Lens f value 0.JPG

Auto focus w/ EF100-400L IS USM & 1.4 Extender

The lens manual states I should be able to a/f with these new lenses using single point focus. I can't seem to get it to work (tried full auto -grn box - and P modes). I want a/f for fast moving wild life shots (I.e. birds). I have a 7D body.

Bigdawg by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

50mm F/1.4 Lens

Hello -- I'm a beginner here and just ordered the 50mm F/1.4 Lens.  Taking it out of the box for the first time, I noticed while holding it in my hand that it feels like it's loose when I slightly shake it.  Don't know if that's normal orsomething is...

mosmaidi by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements