EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Scratch, Disaster or No Big Deal?

So I finally got an L lens and then put off getting a UV filter.  Dumb.  Anyway I got a scratch near to the center to of the front element.  Is this a big deal, or something that just happens and I should stop obsessing over it?  Is there any way to ...

photo-fixed.jpg

Resolved! 70-200 F2.8 non IS zoom

aloha!  Isn't it true that as long as I stay a little above 1/focal length on the shutter speed I really don't need the IS feature anyway?  Also, even at the nhra races we are panning the cars at the starting line during burnouts and also down the tr...

Resolved! What lens to buy next?

I've had my DSLR for about a year and I'm hooked. I take it everywhere with me. I'm looking to replace the kit lenses I have with something that's going to keep me happy for a long time. I've been eyeing off an EF 70-300mm f4.5-5.6 L IS USM. Or possi...

CgRay by Contributor
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

Wedding Lenses

What type of lens is best for close range shots at a wedding?  I use a 70-200mm f/2.8 USM IS II for long range shots.  My kit lens makes for "undesirable" quality shots.  

arnold7d by Apprentice
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

50 1.2L back-focuses with lateral focus points

My 50mm f1.2l consistently backfocuses when I use lateral and corner focus points, focuses correctly when I use near center focus points.I can adjust the problem through microadjustment (more or less 4 points), but in that case the lens front focuses...

fausto by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Novice question

Hello everyone - I am new to Canon world and I learn as much as possible every day. I have a Canon Rebel EOS XTI with the standard 18-55 mm lens.I would like to move on to the next step and get a better lens(s) - one for close up, portaits (higher ap...

avasile by Contributor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

50 mm 1.8 II lens getting stuck after shutter release

I have a 50mm 1.8 II Canon lens, and its suddenly stopped performing they way it should. (I'm shooting on a 5D mark II, and my other lenses work fine on this body). After one shot, the shutter (I think it's the shutter) remains closed, and I can't se...

Linzmul by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Advice for blurry Canon EF-S 15-85mm

I would like to ask for advice. Short background story:In June 2010 I bought Canon 7D and Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 USM IS. I used the lens for about half a year and found out that right side of the photos was becoming more and more blurry. In Mar...

Trasher by Apprentice
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

upgrade Rebel question

I have the Rebel XTi and am ready to upgrade - looks like the T4i and T5i are comparable, and I know that I need to get STM lens for video performance.   My question is in choosing which kit lens 18-55 or 18-135 (both IS STM)?   I already have a Cano...

mnorman by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! 24mm TS-E - lost knob screw

Took the lens out of my bag a while ago and the small screw that holds the tilt knob on is missing.  I still have the knob.  Anyway I can get replacement screws?

dante by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 70d Lens Reco

Hello! I'm looking for purchase my first dslr and have decided on Canon's new 70d. I'm really excted about the big purchase, but wanted to compliment it right off the bat with some good starter lenses. I've been told to purchase the body only and the...

marinokl by Apprentice
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements