EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what lens is best for canon 550d

I want and like to take photos of People, and Some little Macro and taking Landscape shots. What is the best lens that I can used on my Canon 550d as a amateur and as a beginner. I hope many Pro's and Veterans can answer my questions just so I can ta...

Resolved! i have an EOS 24-105mm comms error

I have an EOS 24-105 attached to a 5D Mk III and get an error message: "Err 01 communications between the camera athd lens is faulty. Clean the lens contacts." This occurs when you attempt to shoot at any focal length except wide open. If you attempt...

jfiske by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

EF-S IS II vs. EF-S IS STM

What's the difference between a EF-S IS II lens, and a EF-S IS STM? Is the STM worth approximately $150 more than the IS II? Thanks, Bob 

Bob0920 by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Resolved! Canon Rebel T3 HELP

Hi I recently bought a brand new Canon T3 rebel. It came with two lenses but i would like something better quality. I was recently at an aquarium and this lady asked if i could take a picture of them since we had the same camera. The camera felt kind...

Bryan by Apprentice
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Need advice on lenses for fine art portraits

I'm doing a series of dark, surrealistic portraits and need some help on lens selection. I'll be shooting with a Canon 5D Mark III. I already have a Canon 24-105L but I'm not sure if that will deliver the best image. I can rent a variety of Canon and...

Resolved! Lens compatibility

Is my old EOS 650 35-105mm Zoom lens compatible with a new DSLR EOS Rebel T3 or T3i? thanks!

dwurst by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! Macro+Telephoto?

Questions first then background. Will the Sigma f/2.8 150mm OS macro with a 1.4x teleconverter provide me with IQ close to that of a nice 2.8 70-200mm telephoto? (so i can just buy the one lens, which is easier to sell to my wife) or do I really need...

majestros by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Teleconverter for 600D with Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG OS HSM?

I've been reading that 2x teleconverters aren't that great. That they can cause a lot of image quality loss as well as slowing down or even stopping auto focus from working altogether. What do I need to know about teleconverters to make an educated p...

CgRay by Contributor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

wide angle lens

hi i am looking at buying a new lens for my 60d. Just wondering what people think of the ef-s 10-22mm usm. and if you love can you post a few photos thanks

pa2pla by Apprentice
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

lens for 5D

I have a 5D Mark 2....What is the best affordable lens to use to photograph large groups (100-150) of students inside gyms or auditoriums?

Joan by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! lenses

Someone mentioned that the 70-200 F2.8 non IS was one of the earlier ones of this bunch.  As material and technology improve, do you think canon continues to make these current editions now in production  the old way, and not incorporate the new tech...

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements