cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With my new Meike lens I can’t take pics…help please

Don3D
Apprentice

I keep getting this when I try to take a pic…

image.jpg

image.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

F00 means the camera cannot communicate with the lens.  Try putting the camera into "M" and set the shutter, Aperture and ISO....

What camera model is this and what Meike lens are you using please?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you

Fotogrni61
Enthusiast

The last third party lens I used on my Canon 850D camera was the Tamron 18-200mm for Canon. I didn't get what I wanted out of it so I purchased two Canon EFS lenses that came out several years ago: the Canon EFS 17-85mm and the Canon EFS 18-200mm camera lens. I say I will not use another lens that doesn't say Canon. I've been happier with my photography since. Every other third party lens is not always compatible with the name brands. I wish you well. it's always a possibility that you can get it to work because the Tamron sure worked on my rebel t7 camera; but it was the 850D I wanted to use it on.

I figured it out, but thanks for the insight 

Please reply and share what specific camera and lens you are using and what you did that corrected your problem. Someone else posting here might be having the same issue and find that info helpful. 🤔

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It would really help to know which camera model and lens model you are using.  I suspect that you have a mirrorless camera and simply need to enable the option “Rlease Shutter w/o Lens” option.

Also, you need to only use shooting modes where the Aperture value is set by the user, not by the camera.  This means only use Av or M modes.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Thanks

Announcements