cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The administration closed the post about the issue of Zeiss and Canon compatibility

TEQUILA
Contributor

I didn't expect this from Canon. This means that the problem is not with Zeiss lenses, but with canon RF cameras

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Danny

Hi, TEQUILA!  The problem wasn't at all with the question you posed but with how the conversation was devolving into a shouting match.  We like to keep things cool around here and that thread was harshing the vibe.

As for camera accessories made by third parties, we're unable to ensure their compatibility or performance.

Hope this clears things up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

normadel
Authority
Authority

You still don't understand. And your post was closed probably because it got out of hand. 

Danny

Hi, TEQUILA!  The problem wasn't at all with the question you posed but with how the conversation was devolving into a shouting match.  We like to keep things cool around here and that thread was harshing the vibe.

As for camera accessories made by third parties, we're unable to ensure their compatibility or performance.

Hope this clears things up!

I heard you. I'm sorry. Let it be cool. Answer my question then. You say that you cannot guarantee the camera's compatibility with third parties. Why does Zeiss ZE work correctly with EF cameras (and enter data into EXIF), but with RF cameras, it does not see the lens name? Isn't this done by Canon on purpose? Canon has a closed bayonet mount, and it is logical to think that Canon also made a limitation in the form of an empty EXIF line?

Again, since we didn't make those lenses, we don't have information on how they'll work with Canon cameras or whether they'll work at all.  We're unable to take responsibility for how non-Canon products perform with our gear.

I think my answer was OK, so I will repeat it. To make sure Canon's engineers see this kind of feedback you need to go to the very bottom of the Canon USA website and click the feedback button:

Feedback.jpg

Announcements