cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS-E24mm F3.5L II – adjustment/service

thomaskyhn
Contributor

While I have the impression that other people find the TS-E24mm F3.5L II very sharp, mine has never been anywhere near as sharp as my other Canon lenses; on the contrary, it has always appeared a bit blurry to me, and I'm wondering if there could be something wrong with it.

Has anyone else had similar experiences? Assuming this is something that could be fixed by having the lens serviced/adjusted, does anyone have a rough idea how much that would be?

7 REPLIES 7

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Hi.

Go to this website, register your product and initiate a service request.

Canon Support for TS-E 24mm f/3.5L | Canon U.S.A., Inc.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I agree with JRH you will only know if you send it in for evaluation. Unless it was subjected to a big impact or fall or was disassembled by inexperience person or persons, I doubt it will be successful but you will never know if you don't send it in. Lenses are pretty much set as soon as they are manufactured. 

"does anyone have a rough idea how much that would be?"

Canon probably has a flat rate plus parts but I don't keep current with it. They will give you an estimate before they proceed for an OK. Keep in mind AF problems and OOF or not sharp pictures are almost always user caused. Not equipment.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

thomaskyhn
Contributor

Thanks for your replies.

It was like this from when I bought it (new), and it hasn't been damaged in any way. I should have had it checked a long time ago; so far I've assumed that it was supposed to be like this, but now I want to know if this is really the case. I'll try contacting Canon about it.

Thomas

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Since this is a manual focus only lens, are you focusing through the viewfinder or using live view magnified for focusing?

At times I do miss the split image focusing screen of my old Canon film camera but even when available for your model, they don't play well with other parts of the modern DSLR.  The stock focusing screen setup, at least in my 1DX series bodies, is not wonderful for manual focusing.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

I always use live view magnified, and always use the lens with the camera (R5) on a tripod. And even in live view, it's like something is off or misaligned.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Yeah, you need to send it in if for no other reason than your own piece of mind.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Yes, not much else to do. I'll take it to a Canon repair center next week.

Announcements