cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suprise today! - Hidden telephoto lens found

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Life is full of surprises. I was looking for a package of mothballs to put in some containers with tomato plants; keeps squirrels out. For some reason, a Vivitar box had been hidden with the laundry items. It's a V58T-NOC; 58mm, 2.2x telephoto lens. B&H has it listed at $4.98 so obviously it's not a high quality lens. Will try it but not real optimistic about the results. Too light for a door stop.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is junk and I think we went through this with you some time ago. It belongs in the trash bin not in the laundry basket.

It can even damage inexpensive Canon lenses if you don't use it with gentle hands. Apparently you intend to try it so I can only repeat the warning.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I think you hit gold!  eBay has those listed for up to $20!  

I'm guessing it will be fun to play around with.  Is it something that you can adapt to fit on the EOS T7?

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is junk and I think we went through this with you some time ago. It belongs in the trash bin not in the laundry basket.

It can even damage inexpensive Canon lenses if you don't use it with gentle hands. Apparently you intend to try it so I can only repeat the warning.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

EB has said what I suspected. After six years, odd but the box hadn't been opened, tape still in place.

John

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Gary, it fits a 58mm lens but may play around with it. Not real confident I'll have a use for it. I have found with lenses, filters, etc. they have fine threads which are easily cross threaded. Learned many years ago to slowly turn backwards. When the threads line up, you will feel a subtle click and then carefully thread the two together. Works with any two items.

John

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

EB, the mystery is solved about the lens. Forgot I had asked about the lens earlier. When I mentioned finding it on the shelf, the wife said she saw it in the trash and rescued it.

John
Announcements