cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange double halos around my Sigma 50mm (using 6d MII)

Skip70
Enthusiast

I am suddenly getting these semi-=opaque double halos around all my shots with my Sigma 1.4 50mm. (These are iPhone screen shots off my LCD.) IMG_3960.jpegIMG_3959.jpeg I've never seen anything like this before. Is there some setting in the camera that is doing this? It does not do it with my 28-15L . 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A reply I made some time (years) ago to another person seeing the same........

"It apparently happens on only certain Sigma lenses. Perhaps only under certain conditions too. Turn off "lens abberation correction" in the cameras menu, this is designed for Canon lenses and produces ring type patterning when used with some third party lenses."

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Peter
Authority
Authority

Turn off lens correction.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

A reply I made some time (years) ago to another person seeing the same........

"It apparently happens on only certain Sigma lenses. Perhaps only under certain conditions too. Turn off "lens abberation correction" in the cameras menu, this is designed for Canon lenses and produces ring type patterning when used with some third party lenses."

EB

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

As advised above, disable the lens correction setting.  Sigma releaed firmware updates for many, if not all, of their lenses that are compatible with the Sigma docking stations.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Skip70
Enthusiast

Thanks, all. The firmware USB dock costs $60 so I'll jus live with the lens correction off, since I can correct most anything issues on Lightroom anyway. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Sigma releaed firmware updates for many, ..."

And they used to, don't know if they still do, upgrade FW in their service department. It might be a free service if still under warranty even longer perhaps. Give Sigma a call. They aren't Canon but they used to have an average CS department.

EB
Announcements