cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 5.2 Lens / Chromatic aberration in RAW video

xtrememarco
Contributor

Dear RF 5.2 / Canon R5c users.

How do you deal with the chromatic aberration with Raw recording and the RF 5.2 lens? Since there is no lens correction with raw video ;(

Tried it with Davinci Resolve but the results are not that good ;(

Just submitted a request for the EOS VR Utility to implement that correction. Hope they will do it.

Thanks for your help.

Marco

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I don't have his lens, but the majority of its reviews are good and most state the lens has very low CA due to its coatings and manufacturing tolerances.  What are the shooting conditions?  Can you post some footage for us to see?  Please include shooting mode, codecs, etc.  Lighting, natural, studio?   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

xtrememarco
Contributor

Thank you very much for your answer and sorry for my late reply. Unfortunately I had health problems 😞

This problem arises with contrast and especially at the corners. Stop down doesn't help much.

Outside and inside with natural light.

The problem is that there is no lens correction on the Canon R5c. Not with Raw and not with the MP4 codec either. Somehow I have the feeling that the normal Canon R5 is better or, in other words, that the lens correction for the RF 5.2 is available there.

Would be nice if Canon put the lens correction for EOS VR Utility software. Already did a request via Feedback form.

Announcements