cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 24-70 2.8 L brand new damaged.

jlbacav
Apprentice

I share with you that I bought an RF 24-70mm 2.8 L lens on Amazon US and when it arrived, I kept it because I didn't need it at the time.

After several days I used it and I realized that it did not assemble correctly in the frame, in addition, inside the body there were many particles of dust. I sent the lens to Canon USA. The service was spectacular, very professional and super fast. Follow up at all times.

This was Canon's diagnosis: Your product was examined and the rear lens assembly was found to be dusty, causing poor image quality. Replaced rear lens assembly. Additionally, it was discovered that the mount assembly had been affected, resulting in the lens barrel no longer engaging the camera. Replaced mounting kit. Product functions confirmed.

I am very happy with Canon's service, but the point is that I paid $450.00 US for the repair.

My recommendation is that if you buy a lens of this price on Amazon, check it very well immediately and do not waste time to return it in case it is damaged. I waited and the wait cost me $450.00US. Thanks Canon, your service was excellent!!!

[Text formatting edited to improve readability.]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rs-eos
Elite

Being a new item, didn't it come with a warranty? This sounds like you got a bad product from an unknown vendor via Amazon.

It's always best to purchase from Authorized Canon Resellers.   They will come with warranties and not be grey market items.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

rs-eos
Elite

Being a new item, didn't it come with a warranty? This sounds like you got a bad product from an unknown vendor via Amazon.

It's always best to purchase from Authorized Canon Resellers.   They will come with warranties and not be grey market items.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

@jlbacav wrote:
I share with you that I bought an RF 24-70mm 2.8 L lens on Amazon US and when it arrived, I kept it because I didn't need it at the time.
After several days I used it and I realized that it did not assemble correctly in the frame, in addition, inside the body there were many particles of dust.
I sent the lens to Canon USA.
The service was spectacular, very professional and super fast. Follow up at all times.
This was Canon's diagnosis:
Your product was examined and the rear lens assembly was found to be dusty, causing poor image quality. Replaced rear lens assembly. Additionally, it was discovered that the mount assembly had been affected, resulting in the lens barrel no longer engaging the camera. Replaced mounting kit. Product functions confirmed.
I am very happy with Canon's service, but the point is that I paid $450.00 US for the repair.
My recommendation is that if you buy a lens of this price on Amazon, check it very well immediately and do not waste time to return it in case it is damaged.
I waited and the wait cost me $450.00US.
Thanks Canon, your service was excellent!!!

Only a few days use you should have sent it back to Amazon. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

jlbacav
Apprentice

Yes, absolutely

Announcements