cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lenses for my eos 1000f

Rhl94
Apprentice

I was given an EOS 1000f film camera a few years ago and I'm currently trying to get a portrait/normal lens for it. I've been scouring the internet without much success in terms of finding out if new lenses are compatible with this old camera. Everywhere I look there are articles about old lenses on new dslr cameras, not the other way around!

I'd like to know if I should be looking for specific second-hand old lenses or if it's worth getting a new lens (are they compatible?) for example the canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 Lens?

Hope someone can clear this up for me, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Any EF lens, (not EF-s or EF-M) will fit your camera. If you can find a used 50mm f/1.8 (the original with the metal mount) it would be a good lens to get.

If you can't find one of them the new 50mm f/1.8 STM lens would work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Any EF lens, (not EF-s or EF-M) will fit your camera. If you can find a used 50mm f/1.8 (the original with the metal mount) it would be a good lens to get.

If you can't find one of them the new 50mm f/1.8 STM lens would work.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

That lens is just $125.00 and is sort of similar to the 50mm kit lenses they used to give out with film cameras so it is a fitting choice.  Do be sure to get the new STM version. Seriously important distinction!

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?
Announcements