cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lens Cap E-72 II Doesn't Seem to Fit RF24-240mm F4-6.3 IS USM Lens

JiGuy
Contributor

My e72 ii lens cap doesn't seem to be fitting my rf 24-240 even thought it's filter thread size is also 72. Anyone know the reason/solution? Any help would be appreciated, thank you! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Is that a filter mounted on the lens?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Canon lists it as compatible. Any evidence of damage to filter thread on lens or the lens cap?

Screenshot 2022-12-27 085230.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

There seems to be no damage to any threads. The lens cap doesn't fit at all

972FF89A-3761-4F74-B9E9-85F021AFB458.png

Maybe you just need to squeeze a little more. Did the lens come with the lens cap installed?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

My questions might be, is the lens cap you are using the one that came with the lens? and  Do you have a filter installed on the lens that might have changed the depth or diameter?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

There is no filter installed and the lens cap is the same one that comes with the lens

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

My e72 ii lens cap doesn't seem to be fitting my rf 24-240 ..."

Isn't it the lens cap that came with the lens?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

It is but it just doesn't fit. There seem to be no logical way to make it because the part of the lens cap that sits in the filter threads of the lens is bigger

Squeeze the two tabs in the center of the lens cap. That will retract the gripping part so that it will insert into the thread region. Then release and the cap will be gripped by the threads.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

That is what I have been doing, does not work.

Announcements