cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good portable lens

stuart57
Apprentice

I have a T7i and bought a glorious 24-105 Canon L lens, I love it but too huge to carry around for just snap shots. Is there a nice lens anyone can recommend for that purpose, particularly that keeps the setup small and portable? Or... I’ve considered getting an m50 for this purpose, but don’t want to learn two different controls systems. Anyone run into this? Your wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11

@kvbarkley wrote:

The problem is that 24 is not very wide on an aps-c body.

“I have a T7i and bought a glorious 24-105 Canon L lens, I love it but too huge to carry around for just snap shots.”

For “snapshots”, a 24mm would probably be okay.  I use the EF-M 22mm f/2 STM on an M3.  It lives there..  It is almost equivalent to a 35mm full frame angle of view.  I used to use the EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM pancake before the 22mm came out.

FBB45E42-7B70-4BC9-BEB6-D371EA5F14F5.jpeg

The 22mm is perfect for taking snapshots like a tourist.. A 24mm would only be slightly narrower. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

If you are just a snapshot user and want general shots, the kind most people want and take, from a Rebel someting in the 20mm to 30mm is excellent. And another reason why I love the The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM Art Lens. You really need to use that lens to see how much better it is than anything else in that FL range. It's that good.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements