cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS Rebel SL3 Not Focusing with Macro Lenses

alxacat08
Apprentice

I have a EOS Rebel SL3 and I'm trying to use the macro lenses that came with my camera kit and they're not focusing when I put them on. Normally the camera focuses just fine, but as soon as I put the lenses on I can't get it to focus.  

3 REPLIES 3

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Are these screw on "lenses" don't use them. This will cause the AF system not to work correctly. If you want to do macro work. Look into a dedicated macro lens. Such as the EF-S 60mm F/2.8 Macro USM lens. Or the EF-S 35mm F/2.8 Macro IS STM lens. The high-end EF 100mm F/2.8L Macro IS USM lens. Or the cheaper non-L EF 100mm F/2.8 USM lens. Canon offers more dedicated macro lenses. 

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Danny

Hi, alxacat08!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which macro lens model(s) you're using on your EOS Rebel SL3. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Sounds like you might have purchased one of those camera "Kits". Like the ones sold on Amazon or eBay. There is no way to sugar coat this but the kits a junk. Total junk. You have a nice camera in the SL3 so you need to now buy a real Canon macro lens. It will be a completely different lens than mounts directly to the camera body.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements