cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 90D compatibility with Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens

AL527
Apprentice

Hello All, Good day May I know weather I can use this Sigma lens in my Canon 90d DSLR camera. Sigma lens is “Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens”😁. Thank you in Advance.🙏🙏🙏🇦🇺

6 REPLIES 6

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is a DC lens so best results will be from a crop sensor R series camera. R7, R10, etc.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Uh, the 90D *is* a crop sensor camera, and should work better than the R cameras listed, since it will not need an adapter.

ETA: This lens will NOT work on a 90D - thanks shadowsports

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

I thought this lens was for mirrorless body's? L mount, E mount and Fuji X mount

shadowsports_0-1713286930913.png

DN: Mirrorless

DC: APS-C

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

March411
Enthusiast

Rick, you are correct the new version I don't believe comes in an EF mount. There is some older versions of the Sigma 18-50mm F/2.8-4.5 Dc Os Hsm you can find on ebay for EF mounts and the Sigma 17-50 Mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM For Canon EF.

Both will work on the 90D but there may be better options then these older versions. The 24-70mm is a nice option if it fits your budget. I bought a used 18-300mm that produces great images but again they are mostly found on the used market. That being said you can find some new but you may want to ask if they gray market.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mark IV ~ R6 Mark II ~ R50 and way to many EF lenses
Photoshop and Topaz Suite for image processing
http://commonhangout.com/piwigo/

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I was a Sigma user/owner for many years before I moved to all Canon glass.  I owned the 17-70 and used it with my T6s.  The 17-50 was also popular about this time.  If the lens in questions is the DN variant, it won't work on the 90D.  I guess we'll have to wait until the OP confirms.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

March411
Enthusiast

I still own the Sigma 17-70mm, I've almost traded it a couple times but I just can't let go of that and the 18-300mm. The challenge is letting any EF lenses go because they perform so well with the Canon adapter. I did add the 100mm F2.8 L MACRO IS USM, it performs very well.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mark IV ~ R6 Mark II ~ R50 and way to many EF lenses
Photoshop and Topaz Suite for image processing
http://commonhangout.com/piwigo/
Announcements