cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 24-70 EF F4L , Which lens hood is included?

trancenation
Apprentice

Hi Folks,

I've purchased a new Canon 24-70 EF f4L and noticed that my box says that it comes with a EW-83M hood. I thought it was supposed to come with the EW-83L?

Has this happened to anyone else? 

Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Trancenation

Thanks for Posting.

The Lens Hood EW-83M is designed to work with your lens. Please take a look at the "specifications" page in the EF24-70mm F/4 IS USM Instruction Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, trancenation!

It's possible there's been some kind of mix-up.  You're correct in that the EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens uses Lens Hood EW-83L.  Lens Hood EW-83M is specifically designed for our EF 24-105mm lenses.  We recommend contacting your dealer to see about getting the hood exchanged for the right one.

We hope this helps!

Danny wrote:

Hi, trancenation!

It's possible there's been some kind of mix-up.  You're correct in that the EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM lens uses Lens Hood EW-83L.  Lens Hood EW-83M is specifically designed for our EF 24-105mm lenses.  We recommend contacting your dealer to see about getting the hood exchanged for the right one.

We hope this helps!

Like most participants in this forum, I have the 24-105 f/4L. The lens hood that came with mine is an EW-83H.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

What does the hood itself say?

Does it fit well?

Does the hood show up as a dark inclusion in the edges of photos, as though its petals are too long or the wrong shape?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

trancenation
Apprentice

canon.PNG

Here's a photo of the box. I find it a bit strange for it to say that on the packaging. 

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Trancenation

Thanks for Posting.

The Lens Hood EW-83M is designed to work with your lens. Please take a look at the "specifications" page in the EF24-70mm F/4 IS USM Instruction Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is there any difference between the EW-83L and the EW-83M. From the looks of both hoods, it appears the EW-83M says made in taiwan whereas the EW-83L says made in japan?

Hello trancenation, 

The EW-83L and EW-83M are similar in that they both cover a standard zoom range starting at the 24mm mark.  They are designed for individual lenses, as the EW-83M would offer longer coverage out to 105mm.  The Taiwan and Japan marking wouldn't have a bearing on which products they're compatible with as either location could manufacture parts or products. 

Announcements