600 mm EF lens made for cannon Rebel T7

rcline1253
Apprentice

Is there a larger lens made other than a 300 mm for the cannon EOS Rebel T7

8 REPLIES 8

deebatman316
Authority
Authority

Yes you can use ANY Full Frame EF Mount lens on your camera. You aren't restricted to only EF-S lenses only. Your camera will mount BOTH EF & EF-S lenses but NOT EF-M, RF & RF-S. Those lenses are specifically designed for mirrorless cameras NOT DSLR cameras. Canon does make an EF 600mm F/4L IS III USM. But what is your budget spend on a lens. Your camera has an APS-C sensor which has a crop factor of 1.6x applied to all lenses. Regardless of the lens being designed for APS-C or Full Frame. So your lenses will provide a narrow angle of view. A 600mm lens would provide an angle of view of 960mm when compared to Full Frame.

Lens compatibilty .pngLens Compatibilty PT. 1.pngLens compatibilty PT. 2.png

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Demetrius, that is quite a list. I find a bunch of things that are informative. With your permission, I would like to cut and paste it to Word, print for reference in my Canon file. Thanks.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

Yes that's fine but I should've added "won't Mount at all, not possible to adapt. And a few other things like E-TTL, E-TTL II, A-TTL, TTL. A-TTL and TTL have been discontinued and phased out so have the original E-TTL algorithm. Which has been replaced by E-TTL II.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi and welcome to the forum:
The short answer is yes - lots of them.  As Demetrius said, any lens that has an EF or EF-S prefix in its name will fit your camera.  However, given there are a lot, to help you it would be helpful to know what kinds of subjects you want to shoot and an idea of budget - preferably an actual max dollar value.
Also, because super telephoto lenses can get seriously heavy, do you have any constraints to what you can shoot with - e.g. very dim light, injury, need to use the lens doing multi-day hikes etc.?
From there we can recommend the lens that is most suitable for your purse and purpose! 🙂

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Both Sigma and Tamron make 150mm to 600 mm "super zooms" that work well with a T7. I just used mine to capture the recent eclipse with my T6S:

https://community.usa.canon.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos/Oct-14-2023-eclipse/td-p/441246

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@rcline1253 wrote:

Is there a larger lens made other than a 300 mm for the cannon EOS Rebel T7

Yes, but if you stick with Canon lenses you will need deep pockets to go over 400mm. If budget is a problem, you will want to look at the Tamron or Sigma 150-600mm.

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I, also, throw my hat in the ring for the Tamron or Sigma 150-600mm super zooms. Sigma has upgraded the S to the Sigma 60-600mm f/4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sports Lens.

However, there is a very fine Canon lens that is affordable and a real jewel. The EF 400mm f5.6L. It has been discontinued but is available on the used market at attractive prices. Big plus it is all Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

I have the Sigma 150-600mm lens on my T7 and am pleased with it.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements