cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why does my printer/fax always say the document is too long when feeding in the adf?

tnladi21
Contributor

6 REPLIES 6

Jason
Whiz

Hello tnladi21,

The community is eager to assist!  To ensure the most accurate information is provided, we’ll need to know the model of the printer you are using.  We look forward to hearing back from you!

My printer/ fax is the MX432. 

Hi tnladi21,

Docment too long typically indicates that the page size you are feeding doesn't match the page size in the printer's settings.  I would like to get a little more information so I can get a better idea of what's going on.  Is the document you are trying to fax Letter or Legal sized?  Does the document appear to feed all the way through the ADF before the error comes up or does it get stuck in the middle?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I made sure that the settings are correct.  I'm faxing letter size pages.  The pages stop right in the middle then the error message comes up.  I found out that if I help pull the pages out that the error message doesn't come up and it will continue to feed the pages.  But, I don't want to have to pull the pages out.  That's why I bought this particular printer.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi tnladi21,

It sounds like there may be an issue with the document feeder.  You can try lifting the panel for the document feeder and pushing it back in to see if it's a little off it's hinges, but otherwise if this doesn't work I would recommend contacting our

support staff using the Contact Us link so that they can provide service options

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I want to thank you for your help.  I called Best Buy where I bought the printer and they told me to bring it back and they would replace it.  I did and I hooked up the new printer and the ADF is working perfectly. 

Announcements