cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why can't I print

SleeplessMN
Apprentice

I recently started working from home. Once I had all my employer provided equipment set up, including vpn, I could no longer print from my personal laptop to my Canon MG2900 Series printer.  I have an HP notebook that has no problem connecting with my Canon.  I can get by technologically, but I am by no means an expert.  Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Easy test.

When you are not connected to VPN can you print from the work device to your printer?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I have checked my settings, Printers & Scanners screen, on my work laptop and my personal printer is not listed there. I was not provided a work printer, because my company does not want employees printing anything work related at home. So the answer to your question would be no. I cannot print from my work equipment to my personal printer. Prior to setting up my work technology, there was no problem with personal printing. Confused because I can print from my HP notebook with no problem.

Thanks for taking an interest in my dilema.

So I discovered a new piece to my puzzle. My personal computer will communicate with my printer for the purpose of scanning. I got excited for a moment thinking if they'll talk to each about scanning why not printing. But when I tried to print a test page, I was not that lucky.
Announcements