cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the best printer for printing on 300 gsm greeting card stock, has excellent quality print?

antonia
Apprentice

Please help, I need to replace my pixma ix7000 printer, as it's died on us.  We need a printer that can handle card stock up to 300 gsm, does duplex printing, and can take A3 size card too (however, A3 is not essential).  I have searched high and low for a replacement, but am completely confused with what's out there!  The pixma ix700 did all the above - we already have the canon pro9500 mark II, but alas does not do duplexing and is a bit slow.  Any suggestions?  We run a small business producing greeting cards, hence why we need a good quality printer.

2 REPLIES 2

jrossi0001
Apprentice

Hi Antonia,

I'm actually interested in the specs for the Cannon iX7000.  I need something that will print on metalic card stock up to 300 gsm...and I was wondering why you wanted to replace it if it works?  Do you print on metalic cardstock at all?  How is the drying time for metalic cardstock, if you do print on it?  

Currently, I have a Dell 7130 cdn laser printer ($2,200) and it works great BUT I find that over a few months I am having to replace parts.  The fuser seems to go out due to printing on my metalic 285 gsm cardstock.  The printer's specs actually are only for 280 gsm but the paper goes through without any problems.  

Any suggestions and feedback about the Cannon iX700 would be greatly appreciated 🙂

Good luck to you!

Jennifer

Also, my Dell cdn 1730 curls my cardstock, does that happen with the iX7000?
Announcements