cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"no paper in lower cassette" Pixma MX922

meka_r
Contributor

I have cleaned the rollers 5 times. I put in fresh paper, I made sure the paper guides are in the right place. I made sure the computer settings are correct (paper size, lower cassette, plain paper...) and it still says no paper in the lower cassette. 

21 REPLIES 21

Other than this issue, I have been thrilled with this printer. It prints very high quality copies. Very reliable for 4 years. No sure why this is happening.

It's happening because this printer is absolute junk.  I've tried 5 times to re-set this thing so it will pick up fresh, new paper. It's infuriating.  IN to the dumpster it's going. 

mgonzalez1
Apprentice

I have same issue...no matter what i do...

I had the same issue and saw all the comments on this forum. Decided to throw the printer away and got an HP instead. Too bad because the quality of this Canon printer was very good!

I now have the same problem, no paper in lower cassette. Rearrange paper and the printer works and then I have to go through the same procedure every other day.

Hiloplanet
Apprentice

I had this problem, I found that the printer will draw from the lower cassette when I put in thicker paper....   to be precise, I'm using 32 lb. 8-1/2" x 11" and it works.   Yes it is a pain to use such thick paper, but I don't want to have to replace the unit, it's less that one year I've had the machine.   So what I'm going to do, I'll try less and less thick paper till I find what is the least thick that it will still draw up.

Thanks, it’s been a hassle would print with two or three sheets in The cassette, or if I kept  flipping the paper. Have run down the ink and replaced the machine. Canon support where of no use. Although the machine was registered they did not recognize my phone number, and when I registered  again they would not take a phone call as the machine was no longer supported. Why they did not say this upfront when I entered the serial number and model on the internet. A great time waster and poor customer service. Never given an opportunity to speak to a live person.

Hi Hiloplanet.

If thicker paper is feeding, check the original type of paper loaded.  There's more than one type of plain paper, and the type made specifically for laser printers will often be too slick to reliably feed through the MX922.  The packaging for such paper will often clearly indicate "Laser" as the paper type or usage.

If using coated paper intended for photo printing (glossy or matte), check that it is loaded print-side down.

If the paper is plain paper, not for laser printers, then the paper feed rollers are most likely worn out.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks, used Georgia pacific  standard multipurpose paper. Weight 20 bright 92. Sold by retailer of canon printer. If the paper is wrong then Canon needs to do a much better job of educating both the retailers and the consumers. Printer lasted under three years.

Hi Hiloplanet,

I'm using 67 lb paper at the moment for printing coloring pages, and I'm still having this problem.   Lately I've been using 67 lb and 100 lb cardstock.   It's like the rollers just aren't grabbing the paper...  Woman Frustrated

Announcements