cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one ink empty can't scan

rivercook
New Contributor

The gray ink has run out. There is no place locally that has any. I ordered it online. It is not here yet. 
I need to scan something that will not be printed. 

When I try the printer will not recognize the computer.

If I try directly on the printer it shuts itself off.

I tried holding STOP. That did nothing.

How can you scan something when the ink is out?

Wasn't there a law suit about this very thing?

Help. Is there anyway to circumvent this.

BTW, I spent a loooong time trying to get this answer from Canon directly. It was insane.

4 REPLIES 4

rivercook
New Contributor
BTW it is an Pixma MG6320

Hi rivercook,

The PIXMA MG6320 must have all ink tanks installed in the printer and they must all contain ink in order to use the functions of the printer.  Replacing the empty ink tank with a new ink tank will resolve this issue.  There is no workaround for this.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

yaxy
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Since there is no workaround for this, I'll just wait for the class action lawsuit to play out. Good luck Canon!

mpuppio
New Contributor
I want to know how to join that lawsuit. I live in Venezuela and I bought a Canon MG3110 printer and the canon left my country and for years I cannot use the scanner or the copier because if all the cartridges are not full the equipment does not work. Furthermore, the company no longer wants to send the cartridges to Venezuela and the used cartridges on the market can no longer be used. Buying this equipment was really a scam.