Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no print communication error

nilstrom
Apprentice

I can't print because it says "a communication error has occurred"

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hi nilstrom! In order for our Community and Subject Matter Experts to assist you better, we'll need to know which product you're using, as well as the version of Windows/Mac in use. Also, if you have any other information you feel that's helpful, feel free to share! 

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 530.  When I try to print (Canon MP210)  I get this signal that says "cannot print with current printer set up."  It is the same setup that has been used since it was first installed and worked great for a number of years.  Now...My pc will not allow me to get into the control panel.  it flashes but will not open.  I think if I could get into that I could print a test copy and it would work again as in time past.  How can I get my control panel to open.

Hello ebeatty.

Unfortunately, we are not familiar with the error that you have described.

Please try printing from other programs to narrow down the cause of the error.  

If the Control Panel will not open from your Desktop or Start Menu, we would have to advise that you contact your computer manufacturer to resolve this particular issue.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem when trying to print. 

MacBook Pro

OSX 10.8.3

MG 5420

My printer is connected by WIFI and I can open up the utility and check ink levels and run maintenance on the ink jets?

When I try to print it says Printing and trys to print then comes the "Communications Error".

I can also print from my IPhone 5 using AirPrint which proves the printer is connected to the WIFI network.

Announcements