cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 driver will not install

jacksplake
Contributor

win11 recognizes mx922 printer. says i need a driver. tried to install driver from canon, but it does not complete. says it cannot detect printer.  i can print fine from my phone to the mx922 printer using the wireless LAN. any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SUCCESS!!!!! I plugged in the Ethernet cable between the MX922 and my modem/router. added device MX922 in Win11 and was successful! Printed sample document and was successful!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jacksplake,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922
2.  Use the down arrow to select the wrench and screwdriver icon and press OK
3.  U
se the left arrow to select Device Settings and press OK
Use the down arrow to select LAN settings and press OK
Use the down arrow to select Confirm LAN settings and press OK
Select WLAN setting list and press OK

Please view the name listed next to SSID.  Please make sure that your Windows 11 computer is connected to that same network.

Using the down arrow, write down the IPv4 Address and follow these steps:

1.  On your computer, please press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go

2.  In the Run window that appears, please type CMD and click OK

3.  In the Command Prompt window that appears, please type:

PING and the IP address you wrote down.  For example if you write 192.168.1.4, you would type:

PING 192.168.1.4

and then press the Enter key on your keyboard

Did you get:

A - Timed out
B - Destination host unreachable
C - Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jacksplake
Contributor

the ping result was 'C'.

jacksplake
Contributor

driver install retried and magically it installed.... but attempted print fails and also the test file will not print. Troubleshooter could not identify the problem. not sure how to proceed. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi jacksplake,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MX920 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MX920's are removed.

5. Click 1 time on one of the other printers installed.

6. At the top, click on Print Server Properties.

7. Click on the Driver tab.

8. Click on the MX920 in the list. Click the Remove button at the bottom.

9. Choose Remove driver and driver package and click OK.

10. Click Yes and then Delete.

11. Repeat until all MX920s are removed from the list.

12. Click Close to close that window.

13. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

14. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

15. Click once on "Canon MX920 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

16. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

17. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mx920-mx922#DOWNLOADS

2. Click on "Software & Drivers".

3. Click the Download button next to "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jacksplake
Contributor

Back to square 1. Thanks for the detailed procedure on uninstalling and reinstalling; everything went well except the driver still would not install. When trying to install the driver, i received the Error message: Printer could not be detected in the network. (WLAN). checked the printer WLAN settings; Ipv4 address is 192.168.0.24. I pinged that address and all packets were sent and received OK. I have 2 android phones that print on my MX922 ok. I have another win11 laptop that also prints there ok.

SUCCESS!!!!! I plugged in the Ethernet cable between the MX922 and my modem/router. added device MX922 in Win11 and was successful! Printed sample document and was successful!

Announcements