cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg5722 paper jamming

jgw0
Contributor

I have an mg5722 printer.  It has started to jam.  It started out that it couldn't recognize loaded paper but is now jamming every time it takes paper.  It jams at the very front of the paper and is easily removed from the input tray.  That being said the front of the paper is all scrunched up at the front middle/right side of the paper. 

When this all started there was an initial clicking as if there was a problem with a gear.  that would go on for a little bit and then stop and printing would begin. 

I tried to clean the roller but got an error 1303  error 1303 tells me the paper cannot be seen.  In this case I can see it.  I can easily pull it out.  If I put the printer on its side, and pull out the paper tray I can see the bottom of the paper jammed into the front .  I have done this several times.  Now it no longer comes out easily but the top of the paper gets ripped when getting removed.  I have taken a look at where its jamming and everything looks dandy (its obviously not but it looks ok. Nothing is loose, or broken that I can see). 

This printer has worked perfectly since I have had it.  My thought is to try and fix it myself but need help starting that process. 

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi jgw0,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

smw
Apprentice

The same exact thing has happened to my MG5722 printer. Did you ever get your printer fixed and if so, how much did it cost?

Announcements