cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mac book connect to printer

v762362
Apprentice

I have a mac book version MAC OS Big Sur 11.0.1.  I want to connect to my old printer Cannon MX410 printer.  It says there are no drivers for that mac version.  On my mac it does not even come up with any cannon printers.  Is there a way around this so I can get it hooked up?  This Big Sur was my latest update.  In a bind-can anyone help?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

No official drivers for the MX410 under Catalina or Big Sur.

You can try adding it as an IP printer and see what happens.  

Lots of folks having problems with this right now.  Similar to when Catalina was released (64bit only) support..  

Checking and verifying support for peripherals before upgrading might have been wise.  Sorry this isn't one we can solve for you.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi v762362,

As Rick stated, the PIXMA MX410 is not supported with macOS v11.0.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello, I am having the same problem: connecting a PIXMA MX410 to the newest MacBook Pro with the M1 chip. I assume it's OK if I contact customer support as well?

Announcements