cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error codes

sog22
Apprentice

I need to know why I keep getting an error code 02050033 every time I try to install the IJ scanner app on my windows 11 laptop.

3 REPLIES 3

Tiffany

Welcome to the Canon forum!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model Canon 
equipment you are using. Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE

Thank you!

sog22
Apprentice

I have an MX922 printer. I did have the IJ scanner program installed but it has stopped working. I have completely uninstalled it and tried to reinstall it but keep getting the 02050033 error.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sog22,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MX920 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MX920's are removed. If you are using your PIXMA MX922 with a USB cable, please disconnect it.

5. In the upper left corner, click the Back button.

6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

7. Click once on "Canon MX920 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

9. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mx-s...

2. Click the Select button next to "MX920 series MP Drivers Ver.1.01 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "mp68-win-mx920-1_01-ea32_2.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall. If you are using your PIXMA MX922 with USB, please reconnect the cable once prompted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility.

To open this, please click on the Windows Start button in the taskbar.

In the menu that appears, click on the Canon Utilities folder.

In that folder, click on the IJ Scan Utility and use that program to scan:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/W/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements