cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't my Canon MG3122 display anything other then the XPS and WS versions?

fisch4billf
Apprentice

In the Devices and Printers folder, I can see two variations of my Canon MG3122: an XPS printer and a WS printer:

Printers DisplayedI'd like to be able to set the standard printer as the default, instead of always having to scroll and select it when I go to rpint something:

Print Dialog

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm using:

System Specs

It's extremely frustrating to not be able to set the default to an obviously existing printer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi fisch4billf,

You will want to select the WS version of the printer as the default.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  From your Windows Start screen, click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

2.  In the Search pane that appears, please ensure that "Everywhere" is selected above the text box, then type "devices" and select the DEVICES AND PRINTERS option when it appears.

3.  Locate the icon for the PIXMA MG3100 series Printer WS, then select SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER.  If an arrow appears to the right of the Set as Default printer option, select the WS version of the printer again.  When you do, a green checkmark shoud appear over the printer icon in the Devices and Printers window.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi fisch4billf,

You will want to select the WS version of the printer as the default.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  From your Windows Start screen, click the magnifying glass in the upper right corner.

2.  In the Search pane that appears, please ensure that "Everywhere" is selected above the text box, then type "devices" and select the DEVICES AND PRINTERS option when it appears.

3.  Locate the icon for the PIXMA MG3100 series Printer WS, then select SET AS DEFAULT PRINTER.  If an arrow appears to the right of the Set as Default printer option, select the WS version of the printer again.  When you do, a green checkmark shoud appear over the printer icon in the Devices and Printers window.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements