cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Connectivity Problem with MG2522

red99jet
Apprentice

I am having problems with connectivity.  I have used the cord that came with the product (I just bought today); I have disconnected and reconnected the USB cord several times; and I have restarted the computer several times.  The printer function works fine and I was able to download the IJ Scan Utility software, but every time I click on a Document to scan, it says that the Scan is not connected.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lbddotcom
Apprentice

I just had that same issue. Started a chat with support and he walked me through removing everything I had installed and removing everything having to do with my old printer.  Then he reinstalled the new one and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

The number for support is 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666); however, our phone system will only let you speak with an agent if you are eligible for free phone support. That means you have to be within the warranty period, or you have to have paid for phone support before you call. To verify you're eligible for phone support, you can go to your My Canon Account at canon.us/account and double-check that your printer is registered. At the bottom left, you'll see a button that says "Service & Support" - click there, then you'll see all of your registered products. You should see your printer listed there - click "GET SERVICE & SUPPORT" to the right of your product, and verify the date of purchase and the serial number of your printer. At that point, you'll be told if you have free phone support, or if you have to pay. It will also let you know the other ways you can get support.

How do you know  what  is   "  everything having to do with my old printer.   "  ??

How do you start a chat with support???

Our website has been updated since the original post. You must log in or register at HTTP://canon.us/account to discover your support options. If chat is available for your unit, you will see the option within your My Canon Account. 

I am using a dell laptop windows 10 wireless I tried downloading from here my canon printer MG2522 i also have the CD, I keep getting printer is not detected. I have unplugged it repeat.  New cord Printer works on my old computer.

MP Drivers could not be installed Click to start over. 

Thank to me i fixed it on my own. 

Still not connected

lbddotcom
Apprentice

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

There's a little red tab in the bottom right corner.

laurajay101
Apprentice

Every time I try to call customer service, it says it cannot find my account, I have been trying to connect this printer since yesterday. And i am getting quite frustrated with it. 

Announcements