cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Connectivity Problem with MG2522

red99jet
Apprentice

I am having problems with connectivity.  I have used the cord that came with the product (I just bought today); I have disconnected and reconnected the USB cord several times; and I have restarted the computer several times.  The printer function works fine and I was able to download the IJ Scan Utility software, but every time I click on a Document to scan, it says that the Scan is not connected.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lbddotcom
Apprentice

I just had that same issue. Started a chat with support and he walked me through removing everything I had installed and removing everything having to do with my old printer.  Then he reinstalled the new one and it worked fine.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What operating system?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

lbddotcom
Apprentice

I just had that same issue. Started a chat with support and he walked me through removing everything I had installed and removing everything having to do with my old printer.  Then he reinstalled the new one and it worked fine.

Start the chat on the computer the printer is hooked to and if you get stuck they can take control of it and do that for you.

I couldn't find the chat on the Canon website..just the Community forum. I would prefer that over the phone so I can share my screen. Can you send me the link or a screenshot?

Please do

Thank you.  I called & held on the phone for 35 minutes.  That doesn't matter, though, because I was working on this for 5 hours last night.  Anyway, CS helped me!  I had to reinstall the drivers.  

Thank you for your help.  I ended up calling Support and they walked me through it.  Because I had a previous Canon (MG2900 series) the drivers would not download correctly and the 2900 series kept overriding the new drivers.  Support helped me to get rid of all the prior Canon products and helped me with the correct drivers to download.

Can I have a telephone number for support?

I’m not getting a number

Announcements