cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tried all the fixes for MX492 stuck in boot mode but nothing worked

glucca
Apprentice

I have a MX492 that stopped working a few weeks ago. Went online and discovered the problem and supposed fix. I have disconnected it from network (3 times over 2 days I unplugged the router, confirmed there is no internet, left printer unplugged overnight, tried a different outlet for the printer, everything that was suggested) and each time I plug the printer back in again, it does the same thing. Constant reboot, constant power cycle, says "Canon" and none of the menu buttons will respond. So I am unable to get into the menus even though printer is not connected to Wifi or the internet in any way.  What else can I try? 

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I would recommend contacting our phone support team for additional assistance. They can be reached by logging into your My Canon Account and going to your support options.

To create a Canon account, please click HERE to for the Canon Account page. 

I went through the trouble of setting up a MyCanon Account in order to get customer support, only to find out, unless I'm mistaken, there is a charge. "Agent assisted phone support for this product requires a support fee of $19.99 per incident." Which is not very helpful, so I'll keep trying to figure it out on my own, and if I need to buy a new printer, it will not be a Canon.

Announcements