cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIXMA MG5420 How to print transparencies

rjh1936
Apprentice

I just bought a MG5420 and do not find a property for transparency media.  How do I print a transparency?

3 REPLIES 3

rjh1936
Apprentice

I need an answer to this question if anybody can help.  I just bought a MG5420 and do not find a property for transparency media.  How do I print a transparency?  All other brands I have owned have a transparency setting for type of paper.  I have heard that one of the photo settings will do the same.  I do not understand why Canon does not have this setting or instructions on what to use.

Hello rjh1936.

Unfortunately, our printers do not support printing on transparency media.  This paper is not porous enough to soak in our ink.  We do not have any workarounds or alternate settings that we can suggest to use with this media.  I apologize for this inconvenience.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Are you saying that none of Canons' printers, accepts transparency paper in 2023 also? Please clarify when possible, thank you.

Announcements