cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9020 using IJ Print Util Lite to scan Photos - max dpi is 600dpi - Anyway to get this higher?

georgers
Apprentice

TS9020 - The IJ Print Utility Lite seems to only have a max dpi for photos of 600 dpi although I have seen specifications for this printer that seem to suggest that it should be much higher.  Is it because of the particular utility I'm using or some other factor?  Running the utility on an iMac OS 10.15.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

You would normally be able to adjust the resolution more using scan gear but after looking at the manual, it looks like that option is for IJ Scan Utility running on Windows. You can go into the settings and select the photo option and try to adjust resolution more.

Changing from the Canon drivers from Airprint will give you more of the printer functionality compared to using Apples built in AirPrint driver. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend install the printer's scanner driver and install the regular version of IJ Scan Utility. Please click HERE and you will want to download/install ICA Driver Ver.5.0.0, TS9000 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.24.30.0.0, and IJ Scan Utility2 Ver.2.4.0. 

Once all 3 are downloaded, delete the printer from your computer and then add it back on. Make sure your Mac selects the Canon driver when adding the printer back on and not the AirPrint driver. Once the printer is reinstalled, please click HERE for more information from the printer manual about scanning. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi Arthur,
Thanks for the reply; I really appreciate it.  I looked at the IJ Scan Utility instructions and the section on "Resolution" seems to recommend 300 dpi for photos which makes me think that perhaps that is the maximum resolution for that particular scan utility.  Do you happen to know what the max resolution is when using that utility?  Just wanted to check before making those changes.  Also, wondering if using that scan utility would affect the Air Print function.  Thanks again for the reply!
Regards,
George

Hi,

You would normally be able to adjust the resolution more using scan gear but after looking at the manual, it looks like that option is for IJ Scan Utility running on Windows. You can go into the settings and select the photo option and try to adjust resolution more.

Changing from the Canon drivers from Airprint will give you more of the printer functionality compared to using Apples built in AirPrint driver. 

Announcements