cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6320 printer won't print new Word docx files

del5
Apprentice

I am unable to print newly created Microsoft Office Starter word files. Old ones that I have saved prior to yesterday will print. Last night on my printer display, a message regarding a new available update was showing, so I updated the software. Today I am unable to print new documents. The paper comes out blank, but otherwise acts normal. I'm assuming it has something to do with the new update? 

I tried troubleshooting in my Settings/Devices. No problems found. It also says my drivers are up to date. Help?

5 REPLIES 5

del5
Apprentice

Additional information - I tried some old suggestions I found on a Microsoft support page that didn't work for me:

If I add a photo jpg to the document, the photo prints but not the text. 

If I File/SaveAs a pdf file, the text will print for me. Interesting... This doesn't solve my initial problem though. Any other thoughts?

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Does this only happen with Microsoft Office Starter word files or are you able to print other documents saved on your computer? 

We look forward to your reply. 

Thanks for responding. This is pretty confusing. It's not consistent with the type of files that will print. Wordpad rtf don't print. Some Excel Starter xlsx will print, some not. Same with Word Starter docx, I found some that will print, others not, and it doesn't seem to correlate with any timeline. The only ones that will consistantly print that I noticed are pdf. I don't use this a lot, so maybe it has been screwed up for awhile and I just haven't noticed? I think I just need to use a different Document program. 

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

You can try removing the printer from your computer and then go to the Canon website and reinstall the driver. Even though the driver was up to date, something may have happened that interfered with the driver installed. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

del5
Apprentice

OK I removed and reinstalled. Problem is still there. I don't have anything that vital in my files, I will just work around this problem. Thanks for your help.

Announcements