cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS6020 poor print quality...

San2C
Contributor

Any ideas as to why my TS6020 is printing text from web browser like this? I've completed deep cleaning multiple times already - no change. Thanks for any help. 

garbage.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Usual questions...

Problems printing:

All files from the web or just this one?

Have you tried printing the same file from another browser?

Is that an 8.5x11 in piece of paper?

What I'm seeing.....

Formatting issue or something physically wrong with the printer.  Suspect formatting since you haven't said other docs print the same way. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Same thing happens if I print from email in Firefox or Chrome on mac, or print from a web page.  

Same thing happens if I print from a PDF file opened with either Preview or PDF Expert on mac.

Same thing happens if I print from a text file in TextEdit.

Does not seem to occur as badly when I print a file from Pages, Apple's word processing program.

Yes, 8.5" X11".

Caemene
Rising Star

Hi San2C,

With the image provided, I would recommend troubleshooting this issue by reseating the print head. Click HERE for information on reseating the print head. Once the print head is reseated perform another test print of the same document. If the issue persist, turn on the prevent papar abrasion, the following steps will assist you:

1. Press the HOME button.
  2. Press the GEAR icon.
  3. Press SETTINGS.
  4. Press DEVICE SETTINGS.
  5. Press PRINT SETTINGS.
  6. Press PREVENT PAPER ABRASION.
  7. Press ON.
  8. The system will update the setting.
  9. Press the HOME button.
  10. Perform test print of the same document.

Thanks, but none of this has made a difference. It's printing exactly the same as before. 

Hi SanC2,

With the error the printer is experiencing, it will require servicing. We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative HERE to obtain your servicing options. Another option is to contact one of our chat agents by clicking HERE, and clicking on the “Have a Question? Box in the lower-right corner. A representative will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for your quick responses but I could have a new printer in my hands in 2 days, without even leaving my house. 

Announcements