cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620a will not scan to computer

mws_1984
Contributor

I am having an issue with my Canon TR8620a all in one printer. I have had no issues printing from my computer using wifi, also from my phone to printer. It will scan to make copies and print. But I need to scan a document to my computer and it will not perform the task.

I have the latest driver updates. So when I go on the scanning page it is set up with local usb connection after I tried to do it wirelessly and had no luck. When I choose the operation I want to do then hit "black" to start the scan. It says processing please wait momentarily. Then not long after just returns to the same display of setting up the scanning process. 

UPDATE: I was able to install Canon hardware to my computer and complete the scan that way. But why can I not scan to computer using the unit itself. It just does what I had stated above. Click scan then it just returns back to the screen to set up the scan. Does not scan the document or anything. I'm sure there must be some way that I can just use the display panel to scan as opposed to doing it off the computer screen? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So I had loaded the main software to computer. Might I just need to check some settings. It’s weird cause I had not installed it but my computer recognized the printer to print by Wi-Fi. But now I have issue scanning documents to the computer to save. 

It just took hitting the Local USB and then it finally found my computer. So far so good with one test.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What operating system?

I scan from my Windows 10 PC from desk using IJ Scan Tool, but can also scan using printer display button..

I installed the IJ San Utility Lite from the Canon Mac support page and can scan from the computer or by pressing the scan button on the printer display.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I also have Windows 10. I did load the Canon software to my computer. But are you able to scan a document and save to computer from the printer display screen? That's my issue. I guess it's not a huge deal if I can't but it's more convenient. 

So I start with the Doc type:auto scan screen. Hit black to start scan. Get the please wait screen then it just returns to the Doc type:auto scan screen. Without doing any scan at all. Like I said I can just do it on the computer screen but I'd be curious why it doesn't work at the device. I have no issues scanning documents and they print right out if I use the screen on device or if I print from my phone over wifi. I can print from computer to the printer over wifi but it was not doing it with the scanning so I hooked up the USB. 

printer3.jpgprinter2.jpg

printer.jpg

Try tapping the USB icon. That should scan for printers.

IMG_0833.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@mws_1984 wrote:

I am having an issue with my Canon TR8620a all in one printer. I have had no issues printing from my computer using wifi, also from my phone to printer. It will scan to make copies and print. But I need to scan a document to my computer and it will not perform the task.

I have the latest driver updates. So when I go on the scanning page it is set up with local usb connection after I tried to do it wirelessly and had no luck. When I choose the operation I want to do then hit "black" to start the scan. It says processing please wait momentarily. Then not long after just returns to the same display of setting up the scanning process. 

UPDATE: I was able to install Canon hardware to my computer and complete the scan that way. But why can I not scan to computer using the unit itself. It just does what I had stated above. Click scan then it just returns back to the screen to set up the scan. Does not scan the document or anything. I'm sure there must be some way that I can just use the display panel to scan as opposed to doing it off the computer screen? 

Greetings,

This is possible.  The Scan To destination (PC) in this case has to be configured.  A destination folder (directory) with appropriate permissions must exist.  This is done for you automatically by installing the printers MP drivers on the destination PC.  Then the IJ Scan Utility as John mentioned. 

See this for step by step instructions with pictures.

Canon : Inkjet Manuals : TR8600 series : Forwarding Scanned Data to Computer Using Operation Panel 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

So I had loaded the main software to computer. Might I just need to check some settings. It’s weird cause I had not installed it but my computer recognized the printer to print by Wi-Fi. But now I have issue scanning documents to the computer to save. 

It just took hitting the Local USB and then it finally found my computer. So far so good with one test.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements