cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620a trouble choosing paper tray, can't scan wireless

bb1rds0ng
Apprentice

I recently bought a TR8620a all in one to replace an MX870, which was a breeze to set up and never gave me a moments trouble. I wish I could say the same for this one. I tried a wireless connection to my older laptop and discovered the operating system wasn't supported. I moved to a Mac OS 13.5 Ventura. The wireless set up seemed to go okay and I'm able to print wirelessly. However I haven't found a way to direct it to which tray to print from like I could on the MX870. It seems to want to print from the rear tray all the time. My biggest issue is that I can't get it to wireless scan. I downloaded the IJ Scan Utility Lite and got the message "installation successful". Every time I try to scan I get a cannot communicate message. The printer is less than 10 feet from the router, which is supposed to be temporary until I got set up. My previous printer was on another floor and I never had a problem with printing or scanning to it. I'm trying everything I can think of, but I'm no techie guru. Please help before my window to return it closes.

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, bb1rds0ng!

This community is designed for your fellow Canon owners to help each other out with any problems they may encounter. If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Thanks and have a great day!

momof3zim24
Apprentice

RIGHT THERE WITH YOU!  I loved my old Canon Printer--it was PERFECT! I even bought a second one in case they discontinued it but had to give them both up once they were no longer supported on my MAC--I had them for almost ten years and they still worked amazingly.

The TR8620a has been nothing but TROUBLE!  Constantly get the error code that my paper isn't compatible (8.5 x 11).  Constantly has the top of my pages cut off.  SO VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Announcements