cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620 prints fine but will not connect to scan - MacOS 12.5

bblahnik
Apprentice

I've got a Canon TR8620 and have no issues printing to it wirelessly but can't for the life of me get it to scan any longer. I have updated the Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite Driver, updated the firmware on the printer/scanner, removed and re-added the printer/scanner to my computer, adjusted the LAN settings as mentioned in the help center, and every time I go to try and scan it searches for scanners and tells me it "failed to open a connection to the device".

What else do I need to do to get this to work?! This seriously should not be this difficult.... Any and all help would be much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

As a test, I recommend downloading the free Canon print inkjet selphy app onto an Android or iOS device and then use the scan feature. 

If you are able to scan then the issue may be something preventing the Mac to communicate with the scanning software. 

If you are unable to scan from the app, let us know and we can troubleshoot further. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements