cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shadow printing & paper jams MX532

guycomo
Apprentice

After a paper jam while doing duplex printing, my MX532 printer is printing with a severe shadow and prone to jamming with an error code 5100.  I cleaned the encoder film and now does not jam as often.  When I try to fix the alignment, it jams (with code 5100) while printing the alignment sheet, so am unable to do a print head alignment. When I do a "Windows Printer Test Page" it prints perfectly.  When I print a nozzle check, the Black ink portion prints 1/8 of an inch to the left of the color prints.  It seems that the printer cartridges goes to far to the left when printing and causes the jam error code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

guycomo
Apprentice

Managed to fix the problem.  There is a strip of felt like material that runs under the printer heads - the right edge had been pushed up a bit and was causing the jams and error codes.  After realigning the heads and cleaning the encoder film again, it prints better than ever.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

guycomo
Apprentice

Managed to fix the problem.  There is a strip of felt like material that runs under the printer heads - the right edge had been pushed up a bit and was causing the jams and error codes.  After realigning the heads and cleaning the encoder film again, it prints better than ever.

Announcements