cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selphy CP900

sharif1
Apprentice

I have a Selphy photo printer CP900 and since I updated to Mojave on my Mac the printer will not work.  Any suggestions on how to get it to work? 

8 REPLIES 8

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi sharif1,

The SELPHY CP900 is not supported with macOS v10.15 Catalina. You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program.  This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system.  This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET).  If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight.  Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thanks...my friend has a CP1200 is that one compatible?  Is the CP1300 compatible?

The CP1200 and CP1300 are both compatible with Airprint, so they will work with macOS v10.15.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Is this offer also available in the UK ?  It should be if Canon have withdrawn driver support for Apple OS Catalina.

Hi, rcpage!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation,  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

For information in your region, please click HERE 

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Don't you love it when Customer Services are disconnected across the globe in this day of global operations andf business.

hello;

I've found this old discussion when i was looking for the same answer - i have selphy cp900 which is still in good condition but i can't use it from the day when i replaced my mac. It operates now on macos 12 and i can't find any way to make printer working on it.
Do you still offer this discount program for replacing unsupported devices?

thanks;
Piotr

rcpage
Apprentice

You can print via a mobile phone.  Transfer or retain photos on the smartphone and use the Canon app to print them.

However, I have three, yes three, Selphy printers and every one of them has physical problems with the paper not feeding in. On one I dismantled it and found the problem and managed to get it working for a short while.  Since then I have given up with the garbage that these printers are in terms of mechanical quality which in the UK is supplemented by their attitude regarding support for UK customers as epitomised by Moderator Abel's response above. 

Overall a great shame as the printing technology delivers great results when working and delivers a lasting colour print.  All so sad but hey ho doubtless a strategy that has been driven by some Senior Product Marketing Manager with no vision.

Announcements