cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan an image from the platen TR4520, G6020

pwrichcreek
Enthusiast

Trying to scan an image into a .jpeg or .png file. I hear the printer making sounds and it shows...

SCANNING

scan image from platen...scanning.jpg

SCAN SETTINGS

scan image from platen IJ settings.jpg

It makes several passes as if it is scanning (10 seconds+/-), then it gives this error message

ERROR

scan image from scanner bed cannot communicate 2.157,50.jpg

The 2,157,50 talks about WiFi etc. Nothing that I haven't tried or done already

Should I interpret this to mean that the TR4520 isn't capable of scanning to an image-type file?

I also have a G6020. It wasn't purchased to address this specific issue, but now I'm wondering whether it will scan to an image file. I can go ahead and install it but I'd prefer to just return it and get another printer--Canon or other vendor--that does support this kind of scanning. It isn't something the I need to do often, but it does come up occasionally.

TIA for your help.
pwrichcreek

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pwrichcreek,

The 2,157,50 error will occur when security software installed on your computer blocks the incoming data from the scanner.  Please adjust your security software's settings to allow for the scanner and Canon software access through that software.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements