cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Menu Won't Load

WarningU2
Contributor

I am using a Canon LiDe 120 Scanner and it works without issue.   I can access the scanner from within programs (i.e. PaintShop Pro) and I can run the Cannon Scanner Utilities and scan documents.   The issue is - all of a sudden the little quick menu that used to be available, does not start now when I select the program shortcut, or if I run the exe directly and even with admin access C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\Quick Menu\CNQMMAIN.exe.   I receive no error messages in the event log.  No errors on screen.  The program just does not run.   It does nothing.  

What I have done ... 

1) Uninstalled and reinstalled the program and drivers using the latest download on the support site.   Reinstall was sucessful and I can scan fine, but the quick menu is still hiding on me. 

2) I have googled the issue and other people reference issues with old scanner twain drivers but I have none to remove.   

Operating System 
Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299 - with all the latest maintenance.  

If there is any other suggestions I'd appreciate it.   It's just a bit annoying that it doesn't work the same way because my wife always scans with that so now i have to reeducate her to use another means (scanner utilities)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've been asked to accept the uninstall and reinstall as a solution, but in my opinion it's not.   The Quick Menu won't load.  My solution was to uninstall the software as it is currently useless.   I was also asked to rate the customer service I received and although they responded quickly, simply stating what I have done already - again wasn't good technical support in my opinion.  This is not the only report of the Quick Menu program not loading so you would think there would be some sort of logging to diagnose the issue.   But there isn't.   I'm closing this now with the solution to remove the software.       

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi WarningU2,

It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you.  I attempted to submit the ticket however it is not valid for Canada, which I didn't realize until I finished typing it all up.  😞  However I was able to eventually find the Cdn support option, recover my password and submit my ticket after 50 min.   I wait for an answer and will update here.   

Well support responded quickly.  They kindly suggested the steps that I have already done ... uninstall and reinstall.   

It had no effect.   

I have asked if there is an option to set some sort of logging to see why the program does not start.  

I've been asked to accept the uninstall and reinstall as a solution, but in my opinion it's not.   The Quick Menu won't load.  My solution was to uninstall the software as it is currently useless.   I was also asked to rate the customer service I received and although they responded quickly, simply stating what I have done already - again wasn't good technical support in my opinion.  This is not the only report of the Quick Menu program not loading so you would think there would be some sort of logging to diagnose the issue.   But there isn't.   I'm closing this now with the solution to remove the software.       

1CanonUser
Apprentice

Hello, 

Have you managed to solve the issue you were having with the Quick menu for the scanner? I too have a LiDE120 scanner which has been working falwlessly until last week. Then, out of the blue, I started getting a pop up window that said that the driver for the Quick menu was not installed. When I cleick on the Quick Menu icon, it is blank where there should be several logos for various functions. Have uninstalled and re-installed with no success.

If you can tell me how to use the scanner in another way, that would help too. The scanner turns on, etc. and it works, I can hear it.

The problem is with the Quick Menu. 

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using Windows 7

Thanks.

Never got it to work again with the Quick Menu option.

Try "C:\Program Files (x86)\Canon\IJ Scan Utility\SCANUTILITY.exe" to access the program.

I normally select ScanGear on the far right.  

If that doesn't work you have another issue.

I run Windows 10 ... Windows 7 is at end of life ... time to update buddy.  🙂

Thank you for your reply. This morning I managed to find a way to make this scanner work, but it is not as straightforward as using the Quick Menu. I go to Devices & Printers, click on Scanner and then scan from there. The scanner buttons on the scanner do not seem to want to work either now.
Announcements