cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer beeps at 4:30AM unplugged or plugged in

mtscheekar
Apprentice

Pixma MG 6120

Printer beeps at 4:30 AM every day for about three minutes, even when not plugged in.

Update 8/2/21:  I set my alarm clock and got up to watch and listen. There was no error message on the printer's screen.

I moved my Amazon Echo device to a different surge protector strip; the printer is now the only thng plugged in to the strip.

I have the printer unplugged right now for nine hours, hoping that if it is some internal clock that is setting it off, it will beep at 1:30 PM instead of 4:30 AM.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved!

It wasn't the printer. It was a little battery-powered radio (a free premium from a Time magazine subscrption offer years ago) that was near the printer.  The radio's alarm was set.

Found it by eliminating every printer option.

Sorry to bother you all.  As I often say, :None of us are human--we all make mistakes!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mtscheekar
Apprentice

Printer still beeps at 4:30 AM even when unplugged. Wakes up the dog, who barks at it.  Even after doing everything I described yesterday.  One more thing to try: tonight I'll take out all the ink cartridges and unplug it and see if that stops the beeping.

If not, then on Wednesday night I'm going to put it inside the dryer in the garage and close the door. Maybe we won't be able to hear it then.  I thought of putting it in the car outside, but I'm afraid its beeping will set off the car alarm and wake up the whole neighborhood, not just our house.

Canon Pixma MG 6120

Solved!

It wasn't the printer. It was a little battery-powered radio (a free premium from a Time magazine subscrption offer years ago) that was near the printer.  The radio's alarm was set.

Found it by eliminating every printer option.

Sorry to bother you all.  As I often say, :None of us are human--we all make mistakes!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements