cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer Printing Green

becvu3
Apprentice

I just bought a brand new black ink but its printing green? If I printed something from mircosoft word it comes out black but if i print from something else like a screenshot or USPS tracking, it comes out green. what should I do?

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, becvu3!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using, and which operating system is running on your computer (Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

becvu3
Apprentice
I have a canon MC420. I'm using a MacBook with a 10.9.5 version

Hi becvu3,

A test of your PIXMA MX420 should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MX420 and follow these steps:

1.  Press the <Setup> button on your PIXMA MX420.

2.  Select Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Nozzle Check.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to the bottom of this post.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Press <Setup> on your PIXMA MX420.

2.  Select Maintenance and press <OK>.

3.  Press <OK> on Cleaning.

4.  Press <OK> on Yes.

After a few cleanings, please print another Nozzle Check.

Does the test page printed from your PIXMA MX420 print correctly?  If not, it is recommended that you contact our support group using the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/contactus

MX420 Nozzle Test.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi, I've done the troubleshooting procedure you suggested but why my printer still doing the same? Hoping for another alternative way to solve the problem, thank you.

nmanzur17
Apprentice

Hi, I have a Canon G3110 for a year and it was working correctly, but a few days ago it started to print all in green. I haven´t changed the colors, I have made all of the maintenance and they are all ok.

What is the problem?

Regards,

Nicolas M.

Announcements