cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma tr4722 nozzle check not printing black correctly

SarahPotts_2639
Contributor

I have a pixma tr4722 printer. I've been refilling my own ink via Canon ink cartridges but I'm still fairly new to this and I'm having trouble printing black ink. 

See attached photo below.

20240113_215452.jpg

It looks like the column that's on the left with the letters | C | | C | | M | | M | | Y | | Y |  are all like a pale black but they should be c=cyan, m=magenta & y=yellow. I don't seem to be having an issue printing color however black ink doesn't show up. Even the 'grid' image doesn't even show up when your doing a nozzle check. Can someone please help me with this. I'm at a total loss. Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Britteny
Enthusiast

Hi SarahPotts_2639

Thanks for joining the Community! Try following these steps in the Manual of your PIXMA TR4722. These steps show you how to clean the print head, here's THE LINK. If this is a time-sensitive matter please contact our Support team at 1-800-652-2666 Mon-Fri 8a-8pEST, or click HERE search our knowledge base.

Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you Brittany for getting back to me so soon. 

I've tried cleaning the print head multiple times and doing deep cleans on it as well. Still nothing. Do I just keep doing cleanings until it eventually works?

Hi,

If a cleaning and deep cleaning does not resolve the issue, the printer would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements