cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx printer will not turn on - possible solution

sharvr4
Apprentice

I've read the messages from this forum about these printers having power issues and not being able to be turned on.  I unscrewed the power block out of the printer and the blue and white cables were loose.  One white small white is still hanging there and I am not sure where it goes.  Is there a picture of the inside of the printer where the power supply block goes?  For everyone else who has these issues, take one screw out and there is one tab to lift to get the power block out of the back of the printer.  small blue and white cables are connected to it and one blue and one white is connected to the actual inside of the printer.  Unfortuately the one small white one isn't connected to anything and since is pretty dark in the hole that the power box was in, I was hoping for some pictures of someone's MX printer to help me.

Thank you

Sharon

4 REPLIES 4

Tiffany

Hi Sharvr4,

Welcome to the Canon Forum!  So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know what model printer you are using.  
Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

sharvr4
Apprentice
Pixma mx880

Ramona
Authority

Hi Sharon,

As a safety precaution, we do not recommend taking the unit apart when a printer will not power on; we ask that you please have the unit serviced to determine the exact cause and resolution to the issue.  Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

For future reference, if the printer will not power on, we recommend the following:

1. Ensure that the power cord is plugged securely into the printer, as the cord may have slightly come loose and prevented full power to be received by the printer.

2. Ensure that the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet instead of going through a surge protector that is plugged into a wall outlet, as sometimes ports on a surge protector may no longer work.

3. Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer and from the wall outlet/surge protector and leave them out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in to try and reset the printer.

4. Try plugging the printer into another power outlet in a different area of the room, or another room if possible.

5. If you have another power cord you can use with the printer, please see if using that power cord will allow the printer to power on.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

sharvr4
Apprentice
I already stated that these were done and told you what the problem was. Loose wires. So not sure why you would ask me to do something else. That was the issue and I found where the white wire goes. To the hole in the box where the power cord gets plugged into. But the cord wouldn't stay. So now I have a wonder and perfect HP printer.
Announcements