cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma mx 922 error code 1008

PatrickT1
Apprentice

My Pixma mx922 stopped printing when the lower paper tray was removed to fill with paper and replaced.  It gave error code 1008, but there is obviously paper in the tray.

I have tried all of the solutions posted without success.

Any more suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Make sure the paper loaded matches what is set in the print window. For example is you have 8.5x11 loaded make sure letter size is selected and not A4. 

If you have the correct paper loaded and set and the error wont clear, the printer has experienced a hardware failure and would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Make sure the paper loaded matches what is set in the print window. For example is you have 8.5x11 loaded make sure letter size is selected and not A4. 

If you have the correct paper loaded and set and the error wont clear, the printer has experienced a hardware failure and would require service. 

If the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

If the printer is out of warranty, you would qualify for the Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Mon-Sat, 9 AM to 9pm EST excluding holidays.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi ArthurJ,

Thank you for your response. As I said in my initial post, this problem occurred when I simply refilled the paper tray.  So, the paper size settings were clearly correct. I conclude from your response that the printer experienced a hardware failure. It is well out of warranty, so I will explore the Canon Upgrade option.

Announcements