cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixma iP8720 won't print oversized (13x19) just threads paper

alidoucette
Apprentice

Hello! I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why my Pixma iP8720 won't print oversized. I can print letter size just fine, but as soon as I try to print oversized it just threads the paper, and blinks yellow on the error/thread button.

I'm printing from Lightroom Classic by adding a custom size of 13x19 (not available in the paper size presets). I've just replaced all of the toners with Canon toners so ink isn't low, and I'm using Canon Matte Photo paper. Just printed an 8.5x11 today so communication to printer is working fine.

Looking for any advice, thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

alidoucette
Apprentice

Update: it will also print borderless 11x17 (which is an available paper size in my page setup settings from Lightroom Classic). Just not 13x19 (not available as a preset size).

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Did select Custom size in the printer driver?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

alidoucette
Apprentice

Yep, I was choosing custom size, and inputting 13 x 19. I tried with a .25" margin and also borderless w/o a .25" margin.

I’m having the same issues. I know you posted this a year ago, but did you ever figure it out? It’s so frustrating. It will print smaller sizes just fine, but not 13”x19” 

sjansa
Apprentice

Ridiculous that Canon support doesn't have anything on this, when they happily advertise this printer as working with 13" x 19" paper.

As it turns out, an A3+ sheet, commonly referred to as 13x19, is actually 12.95"x19.02" (329x483mm).  Setting up my custom paper size to those dimensions fixed the issue.

That actually worked! Thank you!

Announcements